Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baked Caramel Popcorn

Amber's popcorn, I moved it to this blog for those who want to make this popcorn on a regular basis(I do)!!!

This has been a long time family favorite. Just be careful...once you start munching on it, there's no stopping!
Ingredients:

6 quarts popped popcorn
1 c butter
2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c corn syrup, light or dark
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla (add coconut flakes if you choose...I don't normally, but I did for coconut night... :) )

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 250. Oil or spray a large roasting pan (or 2 cookie sheets) with vegetable coking spray. Pour popcorn into the pan. in a heavy pan, slowly melt butter; stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes (I stir it a bit just cause I can't help myself). Remove from heat and stir in the banking soda and vanilla. (add coconut here if desired) Gradually pour the syrup over popcorn, stirring to blend well. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes (or every 20 to 30 if you're lazy like me). Remove from oven; let cool completely and break apart. Now DEVOUR!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for fixing this for me, Ashlee! And FYI for anyone who wants to make this recipe, it's better without coconut. The coconut makes the texture and flavor a little weird. :) But, it worked in a pinch, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete