Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Basil Butter bread things, I can't remember what I called them on basil night.

Basil Butter

Ingredients

  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 15 leaves fresh basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup butter

Directions

  1. Place garlic, basil, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the garlic is in small bits. Add the butter, and process just to mix together. Spoon into container, and refrigerate until firm.

* The bread was Pattie Wrights round peasant bread dough, here is that recipe.

1 Pkg. yeast
2 C. warm water
1 T. Sugar
2 t. salt
4 C. flour
cornmeal
butter melted

Place yeast, water, sugar and salt in a warm bowl and stir until dissolved. Add flour and stir until blended. Do not knead. Cover and let rise one hour or until doubled in size. Spray a cooking sheet with a non-stick spray and sprinkle with corn meal. Flour hands, remove dough from the bowl and place in 2 rounds on cookie sheet. Let rise and additional hour. Brush tops with melted butter and bake at 425 for 10 min. Reduce oven temp. to 375 and cook an additional 15 min. Remove from oven and brush again with butter.
*I did change this slightly, I made the dough in my mixer and I added a bit more flour so I could shape it into loaves, like french bread. Every thing else I did the same.
* The individual pieces of bread I spread the butter on and but a bit of sliced basil and some parmesan cheese, and toasted in the oven.

1 comment: