Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Berries with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
* 7 ounces Greek yogurt
* 1/3 cup good bottled lemon curd or use your favorite recipe
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 cups sliced strawberries (1 pint)
* 1 cup raspberries (1/2 pint)
* 1 cup blueberries (1/2 pint)
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* Fresh mint springs
For the lemon yogurt topping, whisk together the yogurt, lemon curd, honey, and vanilla and set aside at room temperature.
For the fruit salad, carefully toss together the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and sugar. Allow them to stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes to let the berries macerate with the sugar.
Serve bowls of fruit with a dollop of lemon yogurt on top. Top each with a sprig of fresh mint.