Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Steak for stir fry

Note: When dealing with flank steak or round steak, I like to cut it thin and stir fry it. The easiest way I found to cut it thin is to freeze it slightly and then use the slicer attatchment on the food processor. In this recipe, I used the food processor to blend the marinade and then I switched to the slicer attatchment for the steak.

Blend together:

1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used fresh)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I used one clove)
1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 1/2 pounds flank steak or round steak, thinly sliced

Directions

Combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, and vegetable oil.

Lay steak in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour marinade over steak, then turn and coat the other side. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment